The Space Request Process
Space requests include new space, reclassification of current space, and major renovations to an existing space. Requests must come from a Dean or Vice President and include all that apply below:
- A detailed description of the project or request.
- Detailed space requirements, occupants, power, data, fume hood, etc (ie 2 offices for full-time staff, 1 office for a Director, 2 workstations for 5 students/GA's, etc).
- If this space is for a new hire, was this space need included in the hiring request?
- Location requirements/preferences. Please explain if the project, activity or service function must be located in a specific building/area.
- When is the space needed?
- Where the project is currently located and why it needs to move, change classification, or renovations?
- What options have been considered within the Division and Departments current allocated space? Explain in detail why these are not suitable for this request.
- What will happen to the current space?
- If renovations and/or furniture are needed, how will this be funded?
- Are you available to meet with the committee?
- Any additional information that is applicable to the request.
Detailed requests should be emailed to Jennifer McCarthy by the 15th of the month to be included on the next months agenda. Requests with missing information will be returned to requestor and not considered until all details are provided.
The Committee will review the requests and either ask for more information or send a recommendation to the Vice Provost Academic Affairs and the Executive Vice President & Provost for final approval.