Fall semester kicks-off at UNLV Aug. 23, and with it comes one of the busiest times on the UNLV campus. To ensure that students, faculty, staff and campus visitors arrive safely and efficiently, UNLV offers the following parking tips:
- Know before you go: Parking maps are available online at parking.unlv.edu.
- Arrive early: Plan to arrive well before class time, particularly during the first few weeks of school when campus parking lots will be most crowded.
- Park smart: The greatest number of available parking spots will be found in the Thomas & Mack Center lots (access from Tropicana or Swenson), the north parking garage (access from Cottage Grove or Claymont) and the Tropicana parking garage (in the Thomas & Mack Center lot near the Cox Pavilion). The best bet during busy times will be to proceed directly to these areas.
- Be patient: There are enough parking spaces to accommodate the needs of all on campus. Patience and cooperation are appreciated as the campus begins the new semester.
- Carpool: Carpooling frees up parking spaces and it's good for the environment - but it can also save you money. Sign up for the Regional Transportation Commission's Club Ride program and become eligible for UNLV student or faculty/staff carpool permits, which can be transferred between vehicles registered with UNLV Parking Services.
Electronic message boards will be posted at major entry points to campus during the first week of school, and university staff will be present to assist with traffic flow, directions and pedestrian safety. For additional information, call UNLV Parking Services at 895-1300 or visit parking.unlv.edu .