Kate Martin is an expert on the health and well-being of people with disabilities and their families. She focuses on medical care for patients with disabilities and has developed public health programs to improve the quality of life for adults with severe cognitive disabilities and their caregivers.
She also studies the use of machine learning-based systems to improve communication for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
Dr. Martin has co-authored a peer-reviewed curriculum on medical care for patients with disabilities and is the clinical director for the Special Olympics MedFest, a program that provides free sports physicals to assist the athletes.
- M.D., University of Nevada School of Medicine
- M.P.H., University of Massachusetts-Amherst
- M.S., University of Massachusetts-Boston
- M.B.A., University of Massachusetts-Amherst
- B.S., Biology, University of Nevada, Las Vegas