Covers the full cost of attendance for the fall and spring semesters only.
Effective fall 2012, the President's Scholarship will also pay for one full semester of study abroad expenses anywhere in the world regardless of cost.
- There is no separate scholarship application to complete. Automatic consideration for this scholarship is provided under the assumption students meet the conditions for consideration and funds are available.
- No student should assume he or she will be receiving this scholarship until an official award notice has been received from the UNLV Financial Aid & Scholarships Office. Selected students will be notified of an award within his or her MyUNLV Communication Center.
Initial Award Criteria
- Must be a National Merit Finalist
- Must list UNLV as first school choice
- New freshmen students who have never attended college
- Must be admitted to UNLV by Nov. 1
- Full time enrollment (12 credit hours or more)
- Cannot receive in conjunction with a Midby/Byron, Provost, Mildred Cotner, UNLV Excellence or Rebel Achievement Scholarship
Students are provided consumer information about their scholarship and are expected to understand the terms and conditions of this scholarship. Students who do not meet the renewable conditions will not have their scholarship reinstated.
- Up to 130 credit hours or 8 semesters (whichever comes first) of consecutive enrollment
- 12 or more credit hours each semester (excluding summer)
- 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Must be maintaining the financial aid satisfactory academic progress policy
Students who elect to graduate with more than one major (double, triple major) will likely run out of scholarship eligibility before college graduation. This scholarship program is designed to achieve only one major. You cannot appeal to extend your eligibility beyond 130 credit hours or 8 semesters (whichever comes first) attempted.