Bachelor of Arts in Film
In order to be admitted to the program, you must meet undergraduate admissions criteria for the University of Nevada Las Vegas.
Master of Fine Arts in Writing for Dramatic Media
Students are admitted in the fall term of each academic year, with the review of applications beginning Jan. 15. The application process is two-fold:
- Apply online to the Graduate College. Please ensure that you apply for an assistantship. While it's not guaranteed, we try to match every student with an assistantship, but that's only possible if the application is completed. The assistantship covers $10,000 a school year with tuition waived.
- Submit the following materials to the film department*:
- A writing sample to the graduate coordinator. This sample should be a screenplay. A stage play or prose fiction will suffice if approved by the coordinator. The sample is needed to demonstrate narrative ability.
- The names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references.
- Be interviewed, by telephone or in person, by the graduate coordinator.
*Send electronic pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org or by hard copy to Sean Clark, UNLV Film; 4505 Maryland Parkway, Box 455015; Las Vegas, NV 89154-5015.