The department of film offers students the exciting opportunity to study film in the heart of Las Vegas, “The Entertainment Capital of the World.” Our efforts contribute to UNLV’s status as a premier metropolitan research university by adapting traditional film education values to meet the needs of individuals, communities, and industries in the 21st century.
Our degree programs combine the latest industry practices, traditional storytelling, and a scholarly film history context to help you build a strong foundation for graduate study and careers in the dynamic worlds of film, television, and digital media.
What We Offer
- Innovative directing training
- Signature screenwriting approaches
- The latest in digital cinematography
- Cutting-edge non-linear editing solutions
- Interactive approaches toward teaching film history
- Experienced and dedicated faculty of working professionals
- Two comprehensive collections of historical films included in the UNLV Short Film Archive and the Howard Hughes Film Collection