With the recent updates from Gov. Sisolak regarding public gatherings and events, Student Union & Event Services (SUES) wanted to provide you with an update effective today through April 30, 2021.
- Feb 15-March 14 guidance for gatherings/events is as follows: 100 individuals -or- 35% of fire code capacity, whichever is less, with strict social distancing requirements (see #3 as it relates to capacities)
- Mar 15-Apr 30 guidance for gatherings/events is as follows: 250 individuals -or- 50% of fire code capacity, whichever is less, with strict social distancing requirements (see #3 as it relates to capacities)
- Based on this information, Student Union meeting/event space capacity is still very limited in our smaller meeting rooms (ex: 4-11 people based on layout, room, etc.); spaces such as room 208, the ballroom, and theatre are also limited but can accommodate more people; we can now also book outdoors (social distancing and capacity numbers still apply outdoors) -and- any event/meeting must be approved through the university exception process (item #5-6 below). Note: our spaces are very limited right now due to hosting the COVID-19 vaccination point of distribution and a legislative counsel bureau remote portal. If you already have something booked in one of our spaces Mar 15-Apr 30, you will be contacted with any available options or the need to cancel or reschedule.
- UNLV's interim policy on-campus events and gatherings continue to state, "In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, all non-essential in-person events and gatherings at UNLV shall be canceled until further notice in order to slow the transmission of the coronavirus and protect vulnerable populations from exposure...Event organizers must prioritize alternatives, such as teleconferencing, rather than hold in-person gatherings." -and-
- "Based on the state's latest guidance, UNLV is again accepting requests for exceptions to hold in-person events...Requests for an exception should be received at least two weeks in advance for events only involving UNLV students, faculty, and/or staff and one month in advance for events attended by visitors or guests...Requests for exceptions should be completed via the online form, which may be sent to Gregg.Maye@unlv.edu, Assistant Director, Emergency Management and COVID-19 Ombudsman."
- Find the list of items event organizers must consider when applying for an exception here; as has occurred in the previous semesters, student organizations must first start this process by connecting with Savannah Baltera, Director, Student Involvement & Activities.
Presentation: Managing Events During COVID-19
On July 23, 2020, SUES presented a program on practices, questions, and ideas on how to manage events during the COVID-19 era. The video can be found on YouTube. SUES stands to support UNLV with consulting, training, and other resources to reduce the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus through in-person events and activities. Organizations and departments are encouraged to reach out to us if you have any questions.
Outside Food Guidelines Under COVID-19
In order for SUES to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19, the following guidelines for food being brought or delivered to campus for events is immediately in effect. Please contact our office if you have any questions.