The undergraduate degree seeking program is intended for students interested in pursuing undergraduate degrees in engineering or computer science. Under this option, students study four years at the UNLV College of Engineering to pursue their bachelor's degree.

The non-degree seeking program is for students interested in taking courses at UNLV and later transferring them to their home institutions. UNLV has agreements with specific international institutions articulating the requirements for non-degree seeking students. Students from schools with which UNLV does not have an agreement can also apply.


Any student who has finished high school with the required grade point average (GPA) and is interested in engineering or computer science may apply.

How To Apply

The application is done online (see the link where to apply in frequently asked questions). Application deadline is May 1 for UNLV Fall semester (classes start in August) and October 1 for Spring semester (classes start in January). The College of Engineering International Exchange Program Coordinator facilitates the application process.

Students and their instructor



Jaekeun Cho

Director of Engineering International Programs
Howard R. Hughes College of Engineering
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
4505 S. Maryland Parkway
Las Vegas, NV 89154-4005
Phone: 702-895-3673
Email: jaekeun.cho@unlv.edu

FAQ for Non-Degree and Degree Seeking Undergraduate Program

1. What types of undergraduate Degrees are offered?

Bachelor degrees in:

  • civil and environmental engineering
  • construction management
  • computer science
  • electrical and computer engineering
  • entertainment engineering
  • mechanical engineering

2. What are the requirements for admission and how to apply?

UNLV requires a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 for admission. Some departments in the College of Engineering require a higher GPA. You can review admission requirements and procedures and apply online through the UNLV undergraduate admissions website. You need to provide official transcripts and a certified evaluation of your transcripts (details on the website below).

Degree Seeking

There is an application fee for degree seeking students.

Non-degree Seeking

There is an application fee for non-degree seeking students.

Once you apply, email the College of Engineering coordinator at rosangela.wacaser@unlv.edu and let her know you have applied. She will help you follow up with the admission process.

3. What is the cost of tuition per year for international students?


International students are required to be full-time while studying in the U.S. and are required to take a full load of courses, which is a minimum of 12 credits a semester.

You can estimate your tuition cost. Choose undergraduate student, the semester of enrollment, and the number of credits (must be at least 12 credits). Once admitted you must provide a financial certification with funds sufficient to cover your tuition and living expenses for a year.


4. What is the cost of living at the UNLV campus

Freshmen students must live on campus. However, after the freshmen year, students may move out of campus.

5. Do I need proof of English proficiency to participate in the program?

International students must provide proof of English proficiency. Various test types are accepted including TOEFL, iBT, IELTS, Michigan. Students from several English-speaking countries are exempt.