Office of Research and Scholarship
Our mission is to provide centralized support services to facilitate excellence in nursing research and scholarly activities. We are committed to providing resources to support the innovative research conducted by UNLV Nursing faculty, students, and staff.
Our vision is to function as the catalyst for advancing nursing research by creating an outstanding climate of support for researchers at the UNLV School of Nursing.
The main functions of the Office of Research and Scholarship (ORS) are to support proposal development, submission, and award management and scholarly activities.
- Interface with UNLV's Office of Sponsored Programs.
- Assemble the application.
- Assistance with interpreting technical aspects of RFAs.
- Create working timelines to meet grant and university deadlines.
- Provide consultation on grant proposals.
- Assist with budget development.
- Provide boilerplate information about ORS, the school, and the university.
- Provide information about formatting biosketches.
- Conduct mock reviews for external grants.
- Arrange for reviews of internal grants.
- Assist PIs in proposal preparation with editing and evaluation of proposals to ensure. responsiveness to sponsor requirement, and correctness of style and content.
- Process proposals for internal reviews and approval.
- Assist Office of Sponsored Programs with grant submission.
- Provide IRB consultation and support.
- Advise on University and funding agency policies and procedures.
- Assist with budget implementation.
- Provide post-award training on funded award.
- Assist with the submission of purchase orders.
- Facilitate ordering of all supplies and equipment.
- Prepare grant related travel authorizations and travel reimbursement.
- Facilitate paperwork for Independent Service Providers
- Facilitate incentive payment to research subjects.
- Prepare all hiring documents for grant funded personnel and orient new employees on Workday procedures.
- Review monthly budget information in the Workday system for accuracy.
- Provide monthly budget reports to the principal investigator
- Assist with post-award reporting, no-cost extension, and grant close out.
- Provide educational workshops and training on research and scholarly activities.
- Organize research workshops, boot camps, and retreats.
- Facilitate research collaboration and assist new investigators with identifying research mentors.
- Assist faculty with maintaining, adjusting, and advancing a program of research.
- Create and disseminate a school ORS research newsletter.
Available Statistical Consultation
- Quantitative study designs during proposal development.
- Data management and statistical analyses for internally and externally funded research projects.
- Statistical analyses for quantitative research articles.
- SON students’ quantitative research projects.