Quaternity, the latest CD from the Grammy-nominated UNLV Wind Orchestra, conducted by UNLV Division of Wind Band Studies professor Tom Leslie, has been released by Klavier Recordings and is now available for download on iTunes, Amazon, CDNOW, Naxos, and all other online CD streaming services.
Featured on this disc are:
• The world premiere of Bruce Broughton's concerto “Quaternity,” composed for and performed by the amazing trombone virtuoso of New York Philharmonic fame, Joseph Alessi
• The world premiere of Jorge Machain's stunning and exciting new piece for wind orchestra, “Bite the Bullet”
• The world premiere of Anthony LaBounty's new horn concerto “Prophecy,” composed especially for Boston Brass phenom, Chris Castellanos
• The world premiere of Wendell Yuponce's beautiful Americana suite for wind orchestra, “Letters From the Heartland”
• The rousing movie chase scene cue from the soundtrack of On Deadly Ground titled “The Death Hunt,” transcribed and orchestrated by Paul Lavender.