Fall semester kicks-off at UNLV Aug. 29, and with it comes one of the busiest times on campus. To ensure that students, faculty, staff and campus visitors arrive safely and efficiently, UNLV offers the following parking tips:
- Know before you go: Parking maps are available online at parking.unlv.edu.
- Arrive early: Plan to arrive well before class time, particularly during the first few weeks of school when campus parking lots will be most crowded.
- Park smart: The greatest number of available parking spots will be found in the Thomas & Mack Center lots (access from Tropicana or Swenson), the north parking garage (access from Cottage Grove or Claymont) and the Tropicana parking garage (in the Thomas & Mack Center lot near the Cox Pavilion). The best bet during busy times will be to proceed directly to these areas.
- Be patient: There are enough parking spaces to accommodate the needs of all on campus. Patience and cooperation are appreciated as the campus begins the new semester.
- Carpool: Carpooling frees up parking spaces and it's good for the environment - but it can also save you money. Sign up for the Regional Transportation Commission's Club Ride program with permits easily transferrable between vehicles registered with UNLV Parking Services.
Electronic message boards will be posted at major entry points to campus during the first week of school. UNLV staff will also assist with traffic flow, directions and pedestrian safety. For more info, visit parking.unlv.edu or call 895-1300.