Tuesday, April 12, 2011
6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
UNLV Stan Fulton Building, 801 W. Flamingo Road (southeast corner of Swenson and Flamingo)
Tickets are $150. Seating is limited. For more information, call (702) 895-1330.
The Chef Artist Series is a UNLV Harrah Hotel College event that gives students the opportunity to learn culinary and hospitality techniques from professional chefs as they work together to create a gourmet dinner adapted from the guest chef's restaurant.
Students will work with Executive Chef Sean Griffin from Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten's Prime Steakhouse at the Bellagio. Students will help prepare a four-course dinner for more than 100 guests at a reception of hors d'oeuvres, wine and entertainment.
The event also raises money to fund student scholarships and helps to pay for the training and professional development of food and beverage professors.
Hors d' Oeuvres:
- Ahi tuna tartare with avocado, ginger marinade
- Cucumber wrapped Dungeness crab with fresno chili, cilantro
- Chili rubbed beef skewer with Thai basil aioli
- Bacon wrapped shrimp with passion mustard, cumin scented honey
- Roasted baby beets with gorgonzola dolce, apple, walnuts, lime gel
- New York Strip with wasabi pommes dauphine (puffed potatoes), hon-shimeji mushrooms, miso mustard
- Poached Bosc Pear - coconut-almond feuilletine and spiced chocolate sauce