Registration for the fall 2023 semester opens this month, and we know some students may put it off until the last second. Don’t be a statistic – register as soon as possible and save yourself some stress!
But we get it, we know what you’re thinking – “It’s only spring, why the rush?”
Soon enough, we’ll all be hiding from the Vegas heat. Do you want to hide from your registration responsibilities, too? Fall registration opens on April 10, and you have until August 27 to register without late penalties. That may seem like a lot of time, but it’ll go by faster than you think.
“But it’s no big deal, I’ll get to it.”
The longer you wait, the more risk you risk not getting the classes you want or need to take for graduation. And if you don’t register for anything until after August 27, you’ll be charged a $50 late registration fee. Still thinking about putting it off?
“But I want to wait so all my friends are registered in the same class.”
The important part is getting your spots reserved as early as possible in as many classes as you need. Your friends can catch up to your schedule later.
“But registration is so complicated.” Not if you follow these steps!
Steps to Register
- Make an appointment with your Academic Advisor to make sure you are on track to graduate.
- If you are a graduate student and have questions about which classes you should register for, contact your graduate coordinator or advisor before enrollment. You can find your graduate coordinator’s contact information on the Home tab of your Grad Rebel Gateway account.
- View your registration window by logging in to MyUNLV and clicking on the Enrollment tile.
- See which classes you need to take for your degree by viewing your Academic Requirements Report in MyUNLV.
- Make sure you do not have a hold on your student account. If you do, you will not be able to register for classes until it is resolved. If you have a hold, log in to MyUNLV to find out how to resolve it.
- When you know what classes you plan to take, log in to MyUNLV and search for classes. You can add items to your Shopping Cart ahead of time to be ready when your registration opens.
If you need help, submit a case through the Self Service Help Center or call 702-895-3443.