Jason Scavone, Katy Griffin (both Integrated Marketing & Branding), Nichole Schultz (International Gaming Institute), and Lonnie Timmons III (Photo Services) recently won first-place awards in the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education District VII competition.
Timmons won a Gold award for individual photography for his portrait of an entertainment engineering and design alumnus, which was published in UNLV Magazine.
UNLV Magazine won a Gold award in the periodical staff writing category based on the submission of five articles:
- “The Lessons of Tragedy” by Scavone
- “STEM. STEAM … What’s Next?” by Scavone
- “The Amazing Colossal UNLV” by Scavone
- “Rockin’ Those Kicks” by Griffin
- “L’Italianita di Las Vegas; The Italianness of Las Vegas” (spring 2019) by Schultz
CASE awards recognize staff and individuals who have advanced their institutions last year through innovative, inspiring and creative ideas.