UNLV is a doctoral-degree-granting institution with a commitment to the support of research and innovative scholarly pursuits. Classified in the category of Research Universities (high research activity) by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, UNLV seeks to create a campus environment that promotes the performance of superior research and scholarly endeavors at all levels of study. UNLV faculty are eager to involve graduate students in their research, so there are many opportunities to participate.
- The Graduate College Research Certification – A free, value-added program available to all fully admitted graduate students in good standing, and to select undergraduates in the UNLV Honors College and the Ronald E. McNair Scholars Institute. For additional information, please read the GCRCP description and submit the attached application to the program by clicking the heading above.
- Division of Research and Economic Development – The Division of Research and Economic Development helps "open the doors" to research for all who wish to recognize their full creative and intellectual potential.
- Innovation Magazine – Turn to the university’s research magazine to learn more about specific research projects under way on campus.
- Funding Opportunities – There are numerous opportunities to assist students financially with research. Explore the websites of organizations offering research funding.
- Online Safety Training – Risk Management and Safety offers an online safety training system that allows you to take online training courses, view your training history and view which courses you are required to complete.