GPSA has allocated $25,000 to Registered Students Organizations (RSOs). RSOs with at least five graduate-level student members may apply for funding support from the GPSA up to $2,000 annually. The Ways & Means Committee makes every effort to accommodate as many funding requests as possible throughout the fiscal year. There is no deadline to submit a request for funding, but the application will close once funds are depleted. GPSA encourages RSO leaders to submit funding requests early!


  • Must be a Registered Student Organization (RSO) with at least five (5) active graduate-level student members at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
  • Funds may not be distributed to undergraduate/staff/faculty members. Only graduate and professional students are eligible to use funds.
  • Must have at least one (1) graduate student officer
  • If more than 50% of RSO membership is undergraduate students, the organization must first apply for funding through CSUN. GPSA will work in fair confidence with the CSUN Ways and Means Committee to secure funding for current graduate and professional students who hold membership with such groups.
  • All graduate and/or professional student members and executive board/officer/leadership members will be verified through the UNLV Involvement Center.
  • Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis for group members necessitating anonymity.
  • Organizations are eligible for funding once every fiscal year.

Process and Required Documentation

  • RSOs supported by a university account will provide their organization’s Workday Program Account Number (PG#####). Otherwise, RSOs must be a registered NSHE supplier and provide their supplier ID.
  • Must utilize the Budget Template provided in the application.
  • Must provide a Reservation Summary for any Student Union and Event Services (SUES) line items.
  • Must provide quotes or estimates for all requested line items.
    • Quotes can consist of screenshots from websites, invoices, receipts from a previous purchase, etc.


How does my organization receive funding after approval?

GPSA requires RSOs provide a supplier ID OR Workday Program Account Number (usually from faculty advisor or department) in their application for funding. Without one of these options, the GPSA is literally unable to disburse funds to your organization. Therefore, any funding application submitted without a supplier ID or Program Account Number will not be placed on the Ways & Means agenda, and will not be considered for funding.

  • RSOs with a supplier ID will receive a check from GPSA/UNLV a few weeks after approval from the Ways & Means Committee. This check can be deposited (or direct deposited if set up) into their RSO’s bank account. GPSA strongly recommends your NSHE Supplier Registration be updated with your organization’s banking information for direct deposit, which will ensure the quickest disbursements of your funds.
  • RSOs using a Workday Program Account Number will receive a JV (journal voucher) from GPSA to the account number provided. The responsible party for the Workday Program Account will then make purchases on behalf of the RSO.
How do I submit receipts?

No matter which method is used to receive funds, all receipts must be submitted to the GPSA Treasurer no later than five business days after the funds are used.

What's a supplier ID? Do I need this?

Any RSO looking for funding from a UNLV entity, such as GPSA, must be a registered supplier.

What's an EIN/Tax ID?

Each RSO must provide their Employer Identification Number (EIN)/Tax ID to GPSA. EINs are issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and are used to identify a business entity or organization. EIN from the IRS. In order to register as a supplier with NSHE, you had to provide your EIN in the application process. Still have questions about EINS? More information can be found on the IRS website.

How do I set up a bank account?

We cannot provide any specific instructions on how RSOs manage their funds in non-UNLV accounts, but the following is common among other organizations. Most other RSOs choose to open a bank account under the RSO's name. US Bank (located on the 1st floor of the SU) is the most common due to proximity and their familiarity with our RSOs, but other banks are also utilized. A few notes about opening a non-UNLV bank account:

  • It is optimal to make sure multiple people in your organization have access to the funds in that account and to make financial decisions.
  • Think hard about how you will make sure there is accountability and transparency for your organization's funds.
  • Devise a method for passing down financial information to the next generations of members.
Need more funds?

GPSA may not meet all your organization’s funding needs due to limited resources. We recommend utilizing Rebel Raiser, UNLV’s official crowdfunding platform for additional fundraising.

Still have questions?

The RSO Manual may be able to address more specific questions.