Appointments can be scheduled in-person at the Advising Center in TBE A207, or by calling 702-895-2522. The 30-minute appointments can be held in-person in the advising center, over the phone or online.
Appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis with the advisor assigned to your major. During peak advising times, mid-March through April and mid-October through November, it is recommended to schedule advising appointments early as advisors can get booked out several weeks.
Open Advising: 10 Minute Quick Drop-in Advising Sessions with the Advisor of the Day
Virtual open advising will be available starting Tuesday, September 8. Call the Advising Center to be put on a waiting list to be called back. These sessions are for short, quick questions and if it takes longer than 10 minutes you will be asked to schedule a regular appointment. This will be on a first-come first-serve basis until we are at capacity each morning or afternoon session.
Open advising is only for current, enrolled UNLV students, no transfer, incoming freshman or change of majors students will be seen and will need to make a full advising appointment.
Open advising is for the following:
- Meant to be a quick 10 minute sessions
- On a first-come first-serve basis
- Quick questions, resource assistance, semester schedule changes, or quick semester planning
- Not for change of majors, this requires a full appointment
- Not to get paperwork signed, paperwork can be turned in at the front desk for processing
- Not for catalog changes or graduation plans, this requires a full appointment
- If you have not been in for a scheduled appointment for over a year, you will be required to schedule an appointment.
Open advising is held from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. and from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. Additionally, it is recommended that students call the Advising Center prior to coming into to see the Advisor of the Day. Schedules are subject to change depending on advisors availability due to other work related commitments or being out of the office. Emails will be sent out to current students if open advising is changed or canceled.
Advisor of the Day
- Monday - Miles Boulton
- Tuesday - No open advising at this time
- Wednesday Morning - No open advising at this time
- Wednesday Afternoon - Aline Lopes
- Thursday: No open advising at this time
- Friday Morning - Aline Lopes
- Friday Afternoon - No open advising at this time