The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering has more than 15 faculty members covering a range of modern engineering fields including wireless communication, system on chip, nanotechnology, renewable energy and sensor networks. It is home to several research centers such as the Center for Information Technology and Algorithms (CITA), Energy Material Interaction Technology Initiative of Nevada (EMITION) Center, and the Nevada Nanotechnology Center. In addition the Department houses multiple research laboratories dedicated to digital design, electromagnetics and pulsed power, and UAVs.
The Department offers the following degrees:
Both the B.S. in Electrical Engineering and the B.S. in Computer Engineering are accredited by The Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
As a student in our department you will:
- Work with dedicated faculty who have strong records in computer engineering research and professional activities.
- Apply the theories learned in class to real-world environments through research opportunities.
- Learn in the department’s multiple engineering research centers and laboratories.
- Have the opportunity to take a variety of elective courses, including digital electronics, computer architectures, embedded systems, computer networks, and software design.
- Gain extensive hands-on experience through undergraduate labs and a capstone two-semester Senior Design project.
- Study in programs accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.