Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science
In addition to the requirements of the Graduate College, you will need to fulfill the following requirements:
- A GPA of 3.70 (on a 4.00 scale) or higher in post-baccalaureate course work is required for admission. Students entering with a bachelor’s degree must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher for the courses at the 200-level or above.
- Students are expected to have a master’s degree in computer science before applying to the Ph.D. program. On rare occasions, an unusually capable student may be admitted to work directly for the Ph.D. degree without having a master’s degree.
- At least three letters of recommendation (preferably from academic sources) attesting to the applicant’s professional competence and academic potential are required.
- A personal statement of purpose, which should be as specific as possible and should include the applicant’s objectives and area(s) of interest, is required.
- A minimum score of 315 on the general test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required. Official score reports from the last five years are acceptable.
- All domestic and international applicants must review and follow the Graduate College Admission and Registration Requirements.