Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree program is a mathematically rigorous, scientifically oriented curriculum that prepares students to become proficient in all fundamental areas and techniques of computer science. Students learn how to develop efficient algorithms to solve problems in a variety of application areas and implement their solutions using appropriate programming languages and computer systems. This degree program will also prepare students to pursue research opportunities and postgraduate studies in Computer Science.
The Bachelor of Science degree follows the model curriculum specified by the Association of Computing Machinery (ACM).
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
Computer Science graduates are in high demand and are prepared for a wide variety of well-paid professional careers. Our graduates may pursue opportunities in many areas including:
- Database Administration
- Software Engineering
- Web Development
- Network Administration
- Systems Administration
- Information Assurance and Security
Accredited by the Accreditation Commission of ABET (http://www.abet.org).
Plans of Study
- 2019-20, 4 Year Plan of Study
- 2018-19, 4 Year Plan of Study
- 2017-18, 4 Year Plan of Study
- 2016-17, 4 Year Plan of Study
- 2015-16, 4 Year Plan of Study
- 2012-14, 4 Year Plan of Study
- 2010-12, 4 Year Plan of Study
- 2008-10, 4 Year Plan of Study
- 2006-08, 4 Year Plan of Study