Center for Entrepreneurship
The Center for Entrepreneurship (CFE) operates as an administrative unit within the UNLV Lee Business School. As a Center of Excellence, the CFE is focused on providing opportunities for students, faculty and the community to learn about entrepreneurship.
The CFE manages the entrepreneurship curriculum across the university, is a hub for entrepreneurship research, supports entrepreneurial activities in southern Nevada, and offers guidance to internal and external stakeholders on obtaining angel capital.
The CFE also arranges for a limited number of business ideas to be presented to Lee Business School (LBS) students at the beginning of each fall semester. If accepted, LBS students build investor quality business plans for the projects over the course of an academic year.
- Managing and promoting entrepreneurship curriculum across the university
- Developing collaborative entrepreneurship programs across the university
- Conducting research on entrepreneurship, e.g., ongoing collection of data on angel capital activity
- Managing the student run Rebel Venture Fund
- Providing guidance to faculty wishing to incorporate entrepreneurship into their curriculum
- Offering entrepreneurship certificate programs to UNLV students and community members
- Managing business plan competitions such as the Southern Nevada Business Plan Competition
- Supporting and assisting students wishing to compete in business plan competitions
- Hosting various speakers and events to expose students, faculty, and community members to entrepreneurship and generate awareness of UNLV Entrepreneurship programs
- Assisting local schools with entrepreneurship and business innovation curriculum development