New Graduate Student Orientation modules as well as Graduate Assistant Orientation modules are now available!
New Graduate Student Orientation
- All new UNLV graduate students are required to log in to WebCampus/Canvas, view the modules, and complete the tasks by Wednesday, Sept. 6.
- In the modules, Graduate College staff present policies and procedures, address issues and concerns that new graduate students may face, and provide information about financial and other campus resources that are available.
- The Graduate College will give away four $500 scholarships to new students who successfully complete all module tasks by Monday, Aug. 21. Recipients must enroll in at least six graduate credits in fall 2023 and must have completed a FAFSA or Alternate Need Form to qualify for these awards.
Graduate Assistant Orientation
- Students who are graduate assistants this fall are required to complete the mandatory Graduate Assistant Orientation modules as well, which are also now available in WebCampus/Canvas. Just like New Graduate Student Orientation, GAs are required to log in, view the modules, and complete the tasks.
- GAs are highly encouraged to complete the modules as soon as possible to ensure they are prepared for their GAship; however, the modules will be available throughout the fall semester for reference.
- The Graduate College will give away one $200 scholarship to a GA who successfully completes all module tasks by Monday, Aug. 21.
Optional Activities for New Students
- Admitted Student Day will be hosted virtually on Saturday, July 8 and Saturday, Aug. 19. Students can learn about on-campus and online classes, registering for classes, setting up a UNLV student email account (Rebelmail), and more to ease their transition into the UNLV graduate community. Please RSVP.
- On Thursday, Aug. 24, the Graduate College and the Graduate & Professional Student Association (GPSA) will host a Welcome Mixer in the Student Union Ballroom from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Students will hear from the vice provost for graduate education and dean of the Graduate College, have the opportunity to participate in a Q&A panel with current graduate students, receive a T-shirt, sign up for a Graduate College tour, learn how to get involved, and mix and mingle with fellow students and faculty. Students who RSVP and attend will be entered into a drawing for an additional two $200 scholarships. Refreshments will be provided. Please RSVP by Friday, Aug. 18.
- UNLV Creates is the annual academic convocation and welcome ceremony for all incoming students. It will be held on Friday, Aug. 25 in the Thomas & Mack Center Strip View Pavilion for graduate and professional students. Doors open at 9:30 a.m., and the event begins at 10 a.m. Please RSVP. This is the only event where students will receive the honorary UNLV cord to be worn at a future commencement ceremony. Following UNLV Creates, students are invited to the Welcome Day BBQ and activities.
- On Monday, Aug. 28, the GPSA and the Graduate College will host an open house in the Lied Graduate Commons, where students can drop in between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. and spin for swag. In addition, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. there will be donuts, coffee, and yogurt, and from 2 to 4 p.m. there will be cookies, juice, and yogurt.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.