The national Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism defines binge-drinking as:
- 5 or more drinks for a male, and 4 or more drinks for a female in about 2 hours
Binge-Drinking is common in college and in general in young adult populations, but it’s also extremely dangerous to your health and can have negative impacts on your academic performance!
Binge-drinking has been very normalized in young adult party culture but is still extremely dangerous and can lead to alcohol poisoning, life-threatening signs of alcohol poisoning include:
- Inability to wake up
- Slow/shallow breathing
- Blue tinged skin, and lips; cold to touch
If you see anyone experiencing these symptoms, get them medical help immediately. Do not wait. It is not worth it to risk someone's life and delay medical attention.