The Office of Research Integrity – Human Subjects seeks to safeguard the rights and welfare of human subjects involved in research conducted by UNLV faculty, staff, and students. The office assists and supports the UNLV Institutional Review Boards (both the Social/Behavioral Sciences and Biomedical Sciences IRBs) in their efforts to:
- Ensure that subjects are adequately informed of the nature of the study.
- Ensure that subjects’ participation is voluntary.
- Ensure that the benefits of a study outweigh its risks.
- Ensure that the risks and benefits of the study are evenly distributed among the possible subject populations.
- Suspend and report human subjects research activity that violates regulations, policies, procedures, or an approved protocol.