Military transcripts accepted at UNLV are as follows:

Evaluation of Military Transcripts

In order for prospective or current students to have their transcripts evaluated, they must complete the following steps.

  1. Apply for Admission to UNLV.
  2. Submit JST transcripts to Office of Admissions.

Once you have completed the steps above, your transcripts will be evaluated by the Office of the Registrar.

  • CCAF and AU are considered an accredited college and will be evaluated under the Credit Evaluation Policy. If you would like to request a more in-depth evaluation of your CCAF transcript, contact your Academic Advisor according to your declared major.
  • JSTs are considered a non-traditional source, and will be evaluated under the policy on Nontraditional Credit.

How Credit from a Joint Service Transcript is Applied to Degree Programs at UNLV.

  • Up to 4 credits in physical education if the student has completed basic training. For most degree programs this credit will be applied as electives, unless PEX credit is required for the degree, then this credit would be applied towards that specific degree requirement.
  • You should consult with your college Advising Center to determine which transfer credits and course substitutions are applicable to you.
  • Your Academic Advisor will work with the department Chair/Dean for credit approval and/or having the credit applied to the student’s record.
  • If the department Chair/Dean approves credit towards a degree requirement, the Registrar’s Office will post this to the student’s record and it will appear on their Academic Advisement Report in MyUNLV.

American Council on Education and Credit Recommendation on Joint Service Transcripts

To evaluate Joint Service Transcripts, UNLV uses the recommendations from the American Council on Education (ACE) listed on a student’s JST and consults Faculty/Deans/Department Chair on the acceptance of military credit. Further information can be found in ACE's Military Guide.

Examples of Accepted Military Credit from Joint Service Transcripts

  • Visit Transferology to start exploring how your credits will transfer.

SB 457 and Transferability between Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) Institutions

According SB 457, as of July 1, 2017 all NSHE institutions are required to evaluate all military transcripts and determine if military experience is applicable to the student’s desired degree plan. Acceptance of military credit will be determined throughout the evaluation process with the academic faculty, academic advising, and admissions and records.

"Pursuant to Nevada Revised Statutes 396.568, an NSHE institution shall not require a student to repeat a course on transfer to a university or state college if an equivalent course was taken or successfully completed at any NSHE institution, except for programs that have defined a time limit for completion."


Transferology is a nation-wide network that gives students quick answers on how their college credits and other learning experiences transfer to higher education institutions within the network. Transferology assists advisors, students, and parents in making educated decisions when transferring credit. Students can enter coursework and instantly see how credits transfer to member institutions.

To check if your credits will transfer, use our transfer resource, Transferology.