OUR Named Fellowship Program
Due to the ongoing public health crisis induced by COVID-19, OUR is postponing the launch of the Named Fellowship Program until further notice. Please check back frequently for updates.
The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) Named Fellowship Program marks UNLV’s commitment to expanding and supporting undergraduate research. UNLV’s top leaders listed here endorse this program to foster direct undergraduate student participation in research, to fulfill UNLV’s student-centered mission, to achieve excellence in research education, and to enhance students’ overall learning experience.
The OUR Named Fellowship supports undergraduate students as they work on their research projects. Currently enrolled undergraduate students at UNLV, with a declared major, and working with a UNLV faculty research mentor, are eligible for consideration.
Currently enrolled full-time, undergraduate students at UNLV, with a declared major, a minimum GPA of 3.5, and working with a UNLV faculty research mentor are eligible for consideration.
Types of Fellowships: Applications will be eligible for fellowships, depending on their academic affiliation.
- General Fellowships: General fellowship funds ranging from $1,500 to $5,000 are available to students of any major. These funds are generously provided by the President’s Office, the Office of Executive Vice President and Provost, the Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development, and the Office of Undergraduate Research.
- College-Specific Fellowships: Fellowships are $1,500 each. College-specific scholarships are awarded according to the student’s college affiliation (major).
Application Process & Deadline
Students are required to submit the following as part of the application package:
- 1-page Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)/Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) (if applicable)
UNLV faculty research mentors are required to submit a letter of support to email@example.com.
Awardees are expected to meet all of the requirements listed below:
- Present at OUR’s Research Symposium
- Represent OUR in research-related events
- Submit a manuscript for publication in OUR's Spectra or another scholarly venue