History & Timeline
Electronic faculty achievement reporting has been at UNLV since early 2011, when the university first licensed Digital Measures Activity Insight software for a period of five years. The contract was subsequently renewed for three years in early 2016. Approximately eighteen months before the expiration of the contract, the Office of Faculty Affairs performed a comprehensive needs assessment for UNLV’s faculty achievement reporting system and investigated over one dozen software products commercially available in the marketplace.
After a faculty information management system from a vendor known as Interfolio was identified as a potential replacement for Digital Measures, a campus review of the alternative product was conducted in Fall 2017. Vendor representatives visited the UNLV campus to provide live demonstrations of their products, and during the following weeks, provided live web-based demonstrations as well as recorded webinars. Faculty and administrators were given the opportunity to test Interfolio products for themselves within a sandbox environment.
Participants in the campus review of the alternative system included faculty members, department chairs, deans, business managers, administrative assistants, and representatives from a variety of administrative offices (e.g., Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost, Office of the Senior Vice Provost, Office of Decision Support, Office of Information Technology, Office of Human Resources, Office of Web and Digital Strategy, and Faculty Senate). Stakeholders were overwhelmingly in support of replacing the old system with the suite of products available from Interfolio. After a contract was established in early 2018, a plan was developed to implement the products during the spring and summer and launch them in the fall.
The implementation of UNLV Folio was scheduled to occur during the latter half of calendar year 2018 and early part of 2019. The general timeline of tasks was as follows:
- June 2018-July 2018: Clean data in existing database
- July 2018-October 2018: Conduct needs assessments with campus stakeholders
- August 2018-February 2019: Establish integrations to other campus information systems
- September 2018-March 2019: Design database and configure new system
- October 2018-March 2019: Migrate existing data into new database
- January 2019-March 2019: Configure existing administrative processes in electronic workflow module
- February 2019-April 2019: Create user resources and training materials
- February 2019-April 2019: Design customized reports
- April 19, 2019: Launch UNLV Folio at UNLV