Current Economics News
UNLV president Marta Meana will highlight four graduating students at commencement who embody the academic, research, and community impact of the Class of 2019.
With a focus on "clean-beauty" products, 2009 alums Vontoba and Psyche Terry find their shelf space in the crowded skincare market.
UNLV president will highlight exceptional students at commencement who embody the academic, research, and community impact of the graduating class.
Undergraduates Michael Schwob and Dylan Wallace among just 496 nationwide to earn the prestigious honor.
From UNLV Magazine spring 2019 issue.
Bruce Layne spent decades attending, teaching, and advocating for his alma mater. Now he's memorialized by Rebel baseball.
Economics In The News
Oil prices topped $70 a barrel Monday for the first time in over three months thanks to the latest mess in the Middle East. Higher prices at the gas pump seem sure to follow.
According to the Insurance Information Institute, 90% of wildfires in the United States are caused by people, and the remaining 10% are caused by lightning strikes or lava.
A UNLV economics professor predicted the national economy will continue its slowdown in 2020 and 2021 and that should trickle down to the gaming and hospitality industry in Las Vegas that he said is surprisingly soft given record passenger numbers traveling through McCarran International Airport.
Growth in the global economy is stalling. Trade tension with China is at an all-time high. So is a recession near? Many economists say yes.
The gap between economic theory and practice is sometimes cavernous. According to one theory, developed financial markets and access to lenders should make it easier for people to borrow money, become entrepreneurs and move to higher income brackets. But new research in the Journal of Policy Modeling finds that, in practice in the U.S., income inequality increases as financial markets develop.
Southern Nevada has roughly $26.1 billion worth of major construction projects in the pipeline — a sign, experts say, of a booming economy.