Alex Barzilov (Mechanical Engineering) is the recipient of this year's College of Engineering Outstanding Researcher Award.
External reviewers are asked to assess the applicants based on the following criteria:
- Significance of the research in relation to the knowledge or advancement of the field.
- Publication of research findings in peer-reviewed national or international journals.
- Papers or related public presentations of research findings and their application and use by the discipline involved.
- Patents, patent disclosures, and start-up activities.
- Evidence of extended, intentional development of the topic of research that resulted in a significant contribution.
- Any other evidence of the outstanding nature of the research activity that may be relevant.