The Great Works Book Club is an opportunity for informal discussion of the great books. It is open to all UNLV students. Copies of the readings for each meeting will be made available about one week in advance.
For more information or to join the book club, contact Professor Fott. New members are welcome to join at any time.
The first meeting of the Great Works Book Club this semester will be Friday, September 24, 1:00 p.m., in Lied Library, 1234 Alvin and Esbin Group Study Room. For those who choose not to attend in person, there will be a Google Meet room. The address for the room is meet.google.com/coa-xgjo-pjc.
Here is the agenda for the first meeting:
- Introducing ourselves and our interests
- Selecting a day, time, and location for future meetings
- Discussing election of officers
- Discussing Frederick Douglass's speech "What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July?" Email Professor Fott for a copy of the speech.
- Selecting a reading for the next meeting