UNLV offers a generous benefits program to support and protect our employees and their families.
Here is a summary of benefits we provide.
Health, Dental, Vision
UNLV offers affordable health coverage for the whole family. Choose from the preferred provider organization (PPO) or health maintenance organization (HMO) health plans. Plan packages include dental and vision coverage. Under the plans, employees also receive:
- $25,000 basic life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
UNLV encourages the professional and personal growth of all employees. We offer generous discounts on tuition for employees and their dependents. There are also many free staff development and training opportunities available to employees.Educational and Professional Development Opportunities
Time Away From UNLV
Our vacation and leave offerings help employees manage the competing demands of work and home. Here employees receive:
- Eleven paid holidays per year
- Holidays include Nevada Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Amount varies by employee classification.
- Jury duty
- Paid time off for jury duty participation.
- Flexible work arrangements
- In agreement with managers, employees may telecommute or make other arrangements that meet their and UNLV's needs.
UNLV offers an employee assistance program (EAP). EAP provides employees confidential and convenient access to short-term professional counseling services at no cost.
To help employees deal with personal problems such as stress, employees also have access to:
Optional Insurance Coverage
Employees can also purchase additional insurance coverage packages, including:
- Supplemental life insurance
- Additional life insurance for employees and their families.
- Short-term disability
- Pays monthly if employee becomes totally disabled on a short-term basis.
- Automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Receive a discount off auto and home insurance rates.
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Pay for health and childcare expenses with pretax dollars.
For detailed information, visit the benefits section of our Human Resources website.
We provide mandatory retirement plans to help you plan for life after UNLV. Supplemental retirement plans are also available.