As you prepare to transfer to from a state classified position to an Administrative/Professional position within UNLV there are a number of items that you need to address to ensure a smooth transition. Below are tips on how to achieve this:

Notify Your Supervisor

Talk to your supervisor about your intent to transfer to another department. Once you have decided on your transfer date, notify your supervisor about when the last day with your current department will be.

We recommend that you meet with your department's Absence Partner to ensure that all of your time off requests are correct in Workday. Confirm with your receiving department that your remaining balance will transfer.

  • If you have 240 sick hours or less, it will be increased to 240 hours but there will be no accrual for the first year
  • Your annual leave will remain the same, but accrual will be 16 hours per month

Return Department Property

  • Return department property, including office keys, access cards, or department credit cards.

Discuss New Access Requests with Your New Department

Your accesses you had with your formal department will be turned off once you transfer. You will need to get new accesses and approval from your new department.

Contact the Benefits Office to discuss changes from transferring from Classified to Administrative/Professional.