One to Six Months Prior to Your Transfer
- Discuss your separation with your supervisor and determine an effective date.
- Discuss your time off with your current supervisor and future supervisor. Ensure that your time off requests are correct and up to date in Workday.
- If you are transferring from an administrative/professional position to a classified position, your time off will be recalculated as a Classified employee.
- If you are transferring from a classified position to an administrative/professional position, your annual leave will remain the same, but accrual will be 16 hours per month. If you have 240 sick hours or less, it will be increased to 240 hours but there will be no accrual for the first year.
- If you are transferring from a classified position to an administrative/professional position or the reverse, contact the Benefits Office to discuss possible changes in your benefits
- If you are transferring to another NSHE Institution or another state agency, email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an offboarding appointment
Two to Four Weeks Prior to Your Transfer
- Return any department property. Below are a few examples of items that may need to be returned:
- Office keys
- Access badges
- Department credit cards
Last Week of Current Position
- Discuss new access requests with your new department.
- Update your voicemail to reflect that you are leaving and provide name of individual to call moving forward.
- Change your email to reflect your new position.
- Complete any outstanding Workday Inbox items.