Application and Instructions
Please review parts 1-5 of the graduation and commencement instructions:
- Graduate College Policy
- You may not participate in commencement until all degree requirements have been met.
- You must be registered for at least three (3) graduate credits during the term in which you intend to graduate.
- Your application will not be processed if you are not registered.
- The Dean of the Graduate College may grant an exception to this policy. Exception requests must be made through the fee appeals.
- Graduation Fees
- The $125 graduation fee will be placed on your student account (one fee per degree/certificate) beginning the first day of registration for the semester in which you have applied to graduate, or, if registration has already opened, your fee will be applied within two business days.
- Visit "Make Payment" in the MyUNLV Student Center to pay the graduation fee and any other outstanding tuition and fees.
- A transcript and diploma hold will be placed on the account of any student who has not paid the graduation fee by the end of the graduating semester.
- Processing your Graduation Application
- Your graduation application will not be processed if you are not registered in at least 3 graduate credits in the semester in which you intend to graduate.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all requirements leading to the confirmation of your degree are completed. All required forms must be submitted to the Graduate College before your application will be processed for graduation and the degree conferred.
- Delayed Graduation
If you apply for graduation and then change your anticipated graduation date, or if you do not meet the necessary degree requirements in the semester in which you applied to graduate, your graduation application will be automatically updated to the next semester. However, if you still do not meet all necessary degree requirements to graduate in the updated semester, you will be required to apply to graduate for a new semester and pay another graduation fee.
- Commencement Attendance Information
Students completing a Graduate or Advanced Graduate Certificate program do not participate in commencement. However, if you are completing an advanced graduate degree and a certificate program simultaneously you may participate in commencement as outlined in the Graduation Application & Instructions available online.