Medical Information and Planning
The following information on Emergency Medical Assistance and Planning is provided by our University Health Center to assist you in your time of need.
Pediatrics is a specialty area requiring special equipment and services which are not available at our Student Health Center. The UNLV Student Health Center provides services for UNLV students who are registered and enrolled in UNLV classes. Our staff, facilities, equipment and medications are geared towards adult care and accessible to students who have paid the health fee.
Each Camp Director should develop a plan for medical care should a camper become ill or injured. Include in your plan:
- Parental consent for you to take the camper to have medical care rendered and parental authorization for the health care facility to then provide the care.
- In most instances the facility will still attempt to call parents for telephone authorization to treat prior to provision of services.
- It is very helpful to have a medical history for each camper about current medical illness, current medications, allergies, immunization history, and phone numbers to contact parents in case of an emergency, and parents health insurance information.
- Decide on how the camper is to be transported to the health care facility (i.e.: call parents, staff counselor (review liability issues), ambulance.)
- You might wish to contact a nearby urgent care facility or hospital to coordinate care should the need arise.