The application requirements of UNLV School of Dental Medicine’s DDS program for dentists graduated from non-U.S. accredited dental schools are aligned with the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentists (CAAPID) participated programs’ requirements. Application through CAAPID is required, together with the UNLV DDS Program supplemental application.
Application deadline is June 30, 2019 12pm (PST) for the DDS class of 2022 beginning in May 2020.
Minimum requirements of application:
- Evidence of a dental degree or equivalent from a foreign country: official copy of diploma and/or degree, transcript (translated into English) from the applicant’s dental school or equivalent institute in the original unopened dental school sealed envelope.
- Official dental school transcripts evaluated course by course with GPA by Educational Credentials Evaluators, Inc. (ECE).
- Successful completion of the National Board Dental Examinations (NBDE) Part 1 & 2 within the past eight (8) years.
- Advanced Dental Admissions Test (ADAT)- If NBDE scores are more than eight (8) years old ADAT is required in conjunction with NBDE part 1 & 2 passing scores.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required with a valid minimum score 98 within two (2) years.
- Three (3) letters of professional recommendation (One should be from the Academic Dean’s level of the dental school from which the student graduated). Letters should be provided on school or company letterhead with the evaluators’ contact details.
- Dental Curriculum Vitae (CV). Please use the required CV template provided.
- Good academic performance. Average GPA 2.5 or above preferred.
- US citizen, US permanent resident, Canadian resident, or eligible for a US student (F1) visa.
Note: Potential students who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States are not guaranteed licensure upon completion of the accredited DDS program. A majority of states still require citizenship or permanent residency in order to apply for a dental license.