The application requirements of UNLV School of Dental Medicine’s DDS program for dentists graduated from non-U.S. accredited dental schools are aligned with the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentists (CAAPID) participated programs’ requirements. Application through CAAPID is required, together with the UNLV DDS Program supplemental application.
Application deadline is June 30, 2021 12pm (PST) for the DDS class of 2024 beginning in May 2022.
Minimum requirements of application:
- Evidence of a dental degree or equivalent from a foreign country: official copy of diploma and/or degree, transcript (translated into English) from the applicant’s dental school or equivalent institute in the original unopened dental school sealed envelope.
- Official dental school transcripts evaluated course by course with GPA by Educational Credentials Evaluators, Inc. (ECE). To ensure uniformity of evaluation, ECE is the only credentialed evaluation report accepted.
- Successful Completion of the National Board Dental Examinations (NBDE) Parts I and II, or the Integrated National Board Dental Examination (INBDE) within the past six years.
- Advanced Dental Admissions Test (ADAT) — If NBDE scores are more than six years old, the ADAT is required in conjunction with NBDE Parts I and II passing scores.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required with a valid minimum score 98 within two (2) years.
- Three(3) Letters of Recommendation are required.
- One should be from someone at the academic dean’s level at the dental school from which the student graduated.
- The second should be from a practicing dentist or specialist you worked with, worked for or shadowed (observed).
- The third should be from someone who has known you for at least the last two (2) years, and is not a family member or a friend.
Letters should be provided on school or company letterhead with the evaluators’ contact details.
- Dental Curriculum Vitae (CV). Please use the required CV template provided.
- Good academic performance.
Note: Potential students who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States are not guaranteed licensure upon completion of the accredited DDS program. A majority of states still require citizenship or permanent residency in order to apply for a dental license.