Employees traveling on university business have the following ground transportation options:

  • Rental car from a state contracted rental car agency
  • Personal vehicle
  • Taxi services
  • Rideshare company such as Uber and Lyft
  • Mass transit

Travelers on university business may use ground transportation when:

  • On a trip at least 75 miles away from a permanent working station.
  • The mileage reimbursement does not exceed the commercial airfare equivalent from a departure city to an arrival city.

Supervisors are responsible for determining and communicating the preferred mode of transportation for each trip to their direct reports.

The preferred mode of transportation should:

Refer to the list of non-reimbursable expenses on the Travel homepage for tipping guidance.