The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Construction provides a well-rounded education, combining theoretical learning with practical laboratory experience. Our programs prepare you to excel in industry or compete against other students at the best graduate schools in the country.
Las Vegas is the perfect environment to study Civil Engineering or Construction Management. Our students and alumni are in high demand and are already working on major engineering and construction projects in Las Vegas and around the globe. Many hold management positions in local, regional, national, and even international organizations.
Alumni are currently working on projects involving:
- Construction of high-rise buildings
- Transportation infrastructure
- Water and wastewater infrastructure
- Environmental engineering
- Alternative energy sources
- Structural and building design
- Residential and commercial developments
- Geotechnical engineering
- Construction materials