Similar to an internship, you can gain valuable experience honing your career skills, exploring your potential career industry, and networking. However, that is where the similarities end. One of the big differences is length. A project typically can range from 5-40 hours of work - easier to weave into your life than a semester-long internship. All micro-internships are professional paid projects and nearly all internship projects are conducted remotely.
Create an Account
- Have the opportunity to apply for professional opportunities that can help you develop career skills outside of the traditional internship cycle.
- Work with diverse companies and people.
- Build tangible relationships with employers by demonstrating your skills and abilities in substantive projects.
- Resume-worthy experiences that may lead into a longer-term opportunity.
How it Works
- Create a Profile
- Takes less than 10 minutes
- Information is private and secure
- Explore Open Micro-Internships
- All micro-internships are paid opportunities
- Assignments from different disciplines
- Most opportunities are remote
- All assignments are fixed fee - they typically require between 5-40 hours of work (in total) to complete
- Open to students (including international students (check with International Student and Scholar Services for CPT and OPT eligibility), DACA and undocumented students with a SSN or ITIN number, and justice-impacted students, as well as recent and career transitioning alumni are encouraged to apply for projects
- New opportunities are posted regularly all year-round
- Complete Assignments
- Once selected you will work directly with the company
- Exceed expectations as it could lead to a full internship or a position within the company