Employers, Find Your Future Leaders at UNLV
Handshake is the largest early talent recruiting platform connecting employers, talent, and colleges in one place.
- Recruit from any college nationwide with one login.
- Access to more than 5 million profiles.
- Gateway to full Rebel talent pool including all schools, colleges, and majors within one system.
Step 1: Create an Employer Account
If you do not have an existing employer account on Handshake, please visit the registration page to set up your account.
Helpful Videos on Getting Set Up in Handshake
Step 2: Complete Your Profile
Having complete and robust employer and company profiles is essential to being successful on Handshake.
Step 3: Connect with UNLV
- To add UNLV as one of your recruiting interests, click the tab on the left hand side of your Handshake homepage that says “Schools.”
- From that page, you’ll see 3 choices: favorites, your employer’s schools, & more schools on Handshake.
- To connect with UNLV, click the option to search more schools on Handshake. Search for us using our full name: University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- Once the connection has been approved, you’ll see us in your list under “your employer’s schools.”
Step 4: Post Jobs and Internships
- To post a job or internship on Handshake, click the tab on the left hand side of your Handshake homepage that says “Jobs.”
- From the “Jobs” page, click on the blue button that says “Create Job.” The Handshake job builder will lead you through the process to complete your job or internship posting
Take care to ensure that you fill in all required fields and that the correct options are selected. When you are setting up your job posting, make sure to include UNLV in the school settings so that our students & alumni will see your listing.
Helpful Videos for Posting Jobs on Handshake
Step 5: Explore Available Campus Programming Options
Handshake is your access-point for all types of programming at UNLV. On your Handshake homepage, you will see a feed of events being hosted by the campuses your employer has connected with.
- To request to host an employer event (like an information session, networking event, or workshop), click on the tab on the left side of your screen that says “events” and then the button that says “request event.” You’ll notice that virtual events are an option, as well as traditional in-person events.
- To participate in career fairs (including virtual career fairs), click on the tab on the left side of your screen that says “fairs.” You will see a full listing of all upcoming career fair events being hosted by all campuses you have connected with. Learn more about registering for a career fair in Handshake here.
- Do I need a new Handshake account for each school my company recruits with?
No! The beauty of Handshake is that it is a networked system. One account is all you need in order to be able to recruit at multiple campuses.
- Why do I have to wait for approval to connect with some campuses while others approve my connection instantly?
Individual campuses have the option to create settings to auto-approve employers based on various criteria. That setting may impact how rapidly your company connection is set up.
- Where can I see the jobs my company has posted?
From your employer homepage, click the tab on the left hand side that says “Jobs.” The jobs page will show all active, expired, declined, and not posted positions for your company.
- How do I add new employees to my company profile and update their permissions in Handshake?
- If you are the main administrator, or “Owner” on your company’s account, you can learn about tools available to you here.
- Learn how to update permissions for your teammates here.
- Learn how to change company account ownership here.
Need More Help with Your Account?
Check the Handshake Employer Help Center or view a video library of helpful resources for employers in Handshake.
For more information about Handshake or general questions, please contact Career Services at email@example.com.