Step 1: Create an Employer Account
If you do not have an existing employer account on Handshake, please visit the registration page to set up your account.
Step 2: Complete Your Profile
Having complete and robust employer and company profiles is essential to being successful on Handshake.
Step 3: Connect with UNLV
- To add UNLV as one of your recruiting interests, click the tab on the left hand side of your Handshake homepage that says “Schools.”
- From that page, you’ll see 3 choices: favorites, your employer’s schools, & more schools on Handshake.
- To connect with UNLV, click the option to search more schools on Handshake. Search for us using our full name: University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- Once the connection has been approved, you’ll see us in your list under “your employer’s schools.”
Step 4: Post Jobs
- To post a job on Handshake, click the tab on the left hand side of your Handshake homepage that says “Jobs.”
- From the “Jobs” page, click on the blue button that says “Create Job.” The Handshake job builder will lead you through the process to complete your job posting.
Take care to ensure that you fll in all required felds and that the correct options are selected. When you are setting up your job posting, make sure to include UNLV in the school settings so that our students & alumni will see your listing.
Step 5: Explore Available Campus Programming Options
Handshake is your access-point for all types of programming at UNLV. On your Handshake homepage, you will see a feed of events being hosted by the campuses your employer has connected with.
- To request to host an employer event (like an information session, networking event, or workshop), click on the tab on the left side of your screen that says “events” and then the button that says “request event.” You’ll notice that virtual events are an option, as well as traditional in-person events.
- To request to host on-campus interviews (including virtual interviews), click on the tab on the left side of your screen that says “interviews” and then the button that says “request interview schedule.”
- To participate in career fairs (including virtual career fairs), click on the tab on the left side of your screen that says “fairs.” You will see a full listing of all upcoming career fair events being hosted by all campuses you have connected with.