The Career and Professional Development Office is dedicated to its students and alumni and serves to connect them with resources and organizations that further their professional goals. We are a strategic partner between hiring organizations and the school's well-prepared talent pool.
About Lee Business School
Lee Business School (LEE) rates in the top 5% of business schools worldwide due to its dual accreditation by the AACSB. Its mission is to cultivate leaders who transform business. LEE offers majors in accounting, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, information management, international business, management, marketing, and real estate. It also offers master’s degrees in business administration, economics, accounting, management information systems, quantitative finance, cyber security, applied economics, and data intelligence.
What We Offer
For employer partners, we offer the following:
- Job and Internship posting through Handshake
- Opportunities to connect with students on campus through:
- Information sessions and tabling
- LEE Event participation
- On-campus interview rooms equipped with virtual interview technology
- Other recruitment opportunities
UNLV is excited to announce that it is partnering with Handshake, the largest early talent recruiting platform connecting employers, talent, and colleges in one place. Through this partnership, you will have access to UNLV students from all colleges, majors, and schools. Handshake will also allow you to recruit from universities and colleges nationwide as a one-stop portal for all of your talent needs.
UNLV's partnership with Handshake will make it easier for you to recruit students from across our entire campus, and Lee Business School's Career & Professional Development Office will continue to serve as your primary resource for specifically recruiting business students. Please contact LEE's Career & Professional Development Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about recruiting business students.
Setting Up and Using Handshake
Creating an Employer Account
If you do not have an existing employer account on Handshake, set up your account.
If you’d like to learn more about the best practices for setting up your employer profile, read Handshake's article on their best practices.
Connecting with UNLV
To add UNLV as one of your recruiting interests:
- Select the tab on the left-hand side of your Handshake homepage that says “Schools.”
- From that page, you’ll see three choices: favorites, your employer’s schools, and more schools on Handshake.
- To connect with UNLV, select the option to search more schools on Handshake. Search for us using our full name, "University of Nevada, Las Vegas."
- Once the connection has been approved, UNLV will be listed under “Your Employer’s Schools.”
Note: individual campuses have the option to create settings to auto-approve employers based on their trust score. That setting may impact how rapidly your company connection is set up.
Your company profile will display an employer trust score. Your trust score helps to signify to both schools and students that your company is trustworthy. You can increase your trust score by being more active on Handshake and having a fully completed profile.
Posting Jobs and Internships
To post a job on Handshake:
- Select the tab on the left-hand side of your Handshake homepage that says “Jobs.”
- From the “Jobs” page, select the blue button that says “Create Job.” The Handshake job builder will lead you through the process to complete your job posting.
- Take care to ensure that you fill in all required fields and that the correct options are selected.
- When you are setting up your job posting, make sure to include UNLV in the school settings so that our students and alumni will see your listing.
To see all the jobs your company has posted:
- From your employer homepage, select the tab on the left-hand side that says “Jobs.” The jobs page will show all active, expired, declined, and not posted positions for your company.
Exploring Available Campus Programming Options
Handshake is your access-point for all types of programming at UNLV. On your Handshake homepage, you will see a feed of events being hosted by the campuses your employer has connected with.
- To request to host an employer event (like an information session, networking event, or workshop), select the tab on the left side of your screen that says “Events” and then the button that says, “Request Event.” Virtual events are an option, as well as traditional in-person events.
- To request to host on-campus interviews (including virtual interviews), select the tab on the left side of your screen that says “Interviews” and then the button that says, “Request Interview Schedule.”
- To participate in career fairs (including virtual career fairs), select the tab on the left side of your screen that says “Fairs.” You will see a full listing of all upcoming career fair events being hosted by all campuses you have connected with.
For more information about Handshake or general questions, please contact Career Services at email@example.com or visit the Handshake Student Help Center.
For more information and questions about recruiting business students from Lee Business School, please contact LEE's Career & Professional Development Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsor Our Office
We rely on sponsors to keep the office running and resources free to students. Sponsorships can be customized and usually includes one or more of the following:
- Specific event sponsorship
- Social media posts/tags
- Special events such as information sessions, coffee chats, etc.
- Priority notification of events our office is hosting
For more information on sponsorship opportunities or If you would like to become a sponsor please contact Kim Nehls at email@example.com or 702-895-1584.