Friends of World Anthropology Grant
The Friends of World Anthropology Grant is awarded semi-annually in support of outstanding graduate scholarship and research activity in anthropology. The amount of the award varies dependent upon the merit of the proposal and annual availability of scholarship funds.
Department calls for applications typically go out via email to all eligible anthropology graduate students in the fall and spring semesters of every academic year. Applications are reviewed by the Department of Anthropology Scholarship Committee, and awardees are notified of their award before the end of the semester in which they applied. Awards are distributed prior to the start of the following semester.
Currently enrolled PhD and MA students in anthropology.
A complete application consists of:
- A complete graduate transcript.
- A current CV.
- A proposal detailing the professional activity to be supported. Such activity might include:
- Research expenses (e.g., travel, fieldwork related expenses, lab expenses, and research participant compensation, etc.)
- Travel to professional conferences
- Purchase of equipment to support research (excluding computers)
- A budget should include the following information:
- What other monies that have been applied for and/or received.
- What portion of the total budget is being requested in the Friends of World Anthropology grant application?
- Will you be able to complete the project or undertaking if you only receive partial funding?
The text of the proposal should be no more than five double-spaced pages.