Who Can Participate in #GivingTuesday?
Everyone! #GivingTuesday is an opportunity for students, parents, alumni, community leaders, and friends to show how they support our university and the local Las Vegas community.
Why Should I Participate in #GivingTuesday?
Fundraising at UNLV typically focuses on scholarships, research programs, campus improvement, student programs, and more. However, #GivingTuesday 2020 will raise critical dollars to support our various emergency funds and special funds that meet our students' most pressing day to day needs.
Your support matters! Thanks to your generosity, Rebels have achieved incredible goals, but we're not done yet.
- UNLV joined the top 3% of public research universities as an R1 “very high research” institution as ranked by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education in 2018
- The College of Engineering program ranked in the top 200 of 4,000 programs internationally by the Shanghai Rankings Academic Ranking of World Universities
- UNLV’s Boyd School of Law ranked #1 nationally in legal writing programs, and #58 overall out of 192 schools in the U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 rankings
- UNLV is consistently ranked among the best colleges for military veterans by The Military Times
- UNLV is consistently one of the top three most diverse universities, as ranked by the U.S. News & World Report
- The William F. Harrah College of Hospitality was ranked the world’s best for hospitality and leisure management by the QS World University Rankings
Most importantly, gifts support more than 30,000 students' educational needs, including first-generation college students, military veterans, nontraditional students, and the entire diverse group of students that fill our campus. In 2019-20, donations from the private sector allowed UNLV to award scholarships to 64% of undergraduate students.
Most impressive, our four-year graduation rate increased to 71% over the last five years to reach a record high. Make no mistake; we couldn't have done it without our amazing community of donors.