Regents' Rising Researcher Award
The Nevada Regents’ Rising Researcher Award is given annually to one faculty member from each institution of UNLV, UNR, and DRI. Awards are based on early-career accomplishments and potential for future advancement and recognition in research. The award carries a stipend of $2,000.
Candidates must be nominated for this honor.
Candidates must be in an assistant professor position, have a strong beginning record of accomplishment during the time of employment with NSHE, and have a record of outstanding research accomplishment that is demonstrable through publications, patents and intellectual property, or grants and contracts at the time of nomination.
Nominations and Application Process
- Notification sent by Chancellor’s Office to NSHE campuses to begin the nomination process: Late August/Early September
- Campuses forward nominations to System Office: late November
- System Office submits recommendations for award recipients to the Board of Regents: January - February
Composition of NSHE Selection Committee
- Vice President for Research
- Appropriate senior research faculty
- Recommendations shall be presented to the Research and Economic Development Committee for final approval