How do I add an activity?
Once you decide what section your activity belongs in, click on the arrow to the left of that section title to reveal the tabular summary of records that are already in the section. At the bottom left of that summary is an ADD button. Click on that button, and a new blank record will pop up where you can input the information. If that section does not have an ADD button, then the records come from another source, and a new record cannot be added by the user.
I accidentally rejected a duplicate, is there a way to retrieve the rejection and mark it as 'accept'?
Once you have deleted something, there is no way to recover (besides re-entering the information).
How often do I need to update my information?
We recommend that you update your profile whenever you have a new activity to report. If you update your information on a regular basis, you will minimize your work when a report is due and be able to generate the report with a few clicks of your mouse.
How do I know where to enter each of my different types of activities?
Your UNLV Folio profile is divided into two broad areas. The Profile area includes sections for data that generally remains consistent over time (e.g., contact information, degrees, tenure and promotion history, etc.) while the Activities area includes sections for your ongoing accomplishments (e.g., teaching, scholarship, service, etc.). Please review the help text for each section and for specific data fields within each section for guidance on what information that should be reported there. Our guide, “Where Does it Go?” provides help in determining the best place for your activity. The UNLV Folio Content Specialist for your college is another source of information about your unit’s reporting conventions.
What should I do if my activity doesn’t fit into any existing categories?
As a short-term solution, use the “Other” option available in most data fields to document your activity. To make sure that your activities are properly categorized in the future, please send an email containing the details of your activity to UNLVFolio@unlv.edu. If appropriate, we will work to make a modification to the database configuration and revise the categories to reflect your contribution.
Should I include sensitive or proprietary information about research that has not yet been published?
We advise you not to provide details about sensitive or proprietary research projects. You may enter your work under a general title or description, or leave it out of the system altogether if warranted.
Why can’t I edit certain sections of my UNLV Folio profile?
Some information in UNLV Folio is imported from other authoritative systems on campus and cannot be edited in order to maintain data integrity and consistency. Data are imported from Workday, MyUNLV, and the Office of Sponsored Programs’ grantsERA system. If any of this information is incorrect, please email UNLVFolio@unlv.edu; we will make every effort to verify the information and make updates in our system. It may be necessary to notify the primary system as well.
My imported information is incorrect. Whom should I contact?
Please contact the office or unit that maintains the information system from which the data were imported. You should also submit a request to the UNLV Folio team to ensure that the data is updated in UNLV Folio, as currently there are no direct links between systems.
- To inquire about data obtained from Workday, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 702-895-3504.
- To inquire about data obtained from MyUNLV, please contact the individual in your department who is responsible for submitting course records.
- To inquire about data obtained from grantsERA, please contact the Office of Sponsored Programs at email@example.com or 702-895-1310.
Why do certain sections of my UNLV Folio profile contain duplicate entries?
Some users of the former activity reporting system had content imported from multiple sources, resulting in duplicate entries. When data from the old system were migrated into UNLV Folio, duplicates may have been transferred as well. Additionally, research publications have been imported from a variety of online sources and may have resulted in duplicate records.
Duplicate items can be deleted by selecting the duplicate from the summary screen and clicking the delete button. If your duplicate entries are locked, please contact UNLVFolio@unlv.edu for assistance.
How do I print a draft of the vita, so I can proof it?
- In the Faculty 180 menu, click on “Vitas & Biosketches.”
- Choose the vita you want to review by clicking on the eye icon to the right of that vita. Note: make sure that it is a “University of Nevada, Las Vegas” vita and not one that you have created yourself.
- Make sure the date range corresponds with the date range of the vita you want to review; click the “Refresh Vita” if you have altered the date range.
- Click the “Export/Share” button and choose the format you prefer; save the vita to your computer.
- Open the saved document to review.
- If you need to make any changes, return to the appropriate record in the Profile or Activities section and make the edits there. Then repeat Steps 1-5 to generate a new vita.
See also: Running Vitas and Biosketches