The Department of Mechanical Engineering is involved with many engineering-related competitions, events, professional organizations, and sources for employment or career development. All this activity comes together to shape a community tirelessly striving to support students and their families to success in the engineering field and profession.
If you are looking for a position or additional jobs, please visit the Career Services website.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering are closely associated with the following professional organizations to help students develop and network with the help of the professional engineering community.
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) (Silver State Section)
- Society of Automobile Engineering (SAE)
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)