Providing a quality education for its students in an environment of constant technological development is a goal of the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
The active involvement in research and development programs, as well as external funding from the faculty members are crucial to making that goal a reality.
Research Centers and Laboratories
Browse the research centers the College of Engineering is proud to work with.
- Active Materials and Smart Living (AMSL) Laboratory
- Center for Materials and Structures (CMS)
- Center for Mechanical and Environmental Systems Technology (CMEST)
- The Center for Energy Research
- Functional Advanced Materials for Energy Technologies Labs (FAME-Tech Labs)
- The Nevada Center for Advanced Computational Methods (NCACM)
Research, Internship, and Employment Opportunities
Visit the Career Services website for job postings and helpful.