Providing a quality education for its students in an environment of constant technological development is a goal of the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
The active involvement in research and development programs, as well as external funding from the faculty members are crucial to making that goal a reality.
Learn how to become a graduate assistant.
Graduate Seminar Series
Come join us for some of the exciting graduate seminars hosted by the college.
Research Centers and Laboratories
Browse the research centers the College of Engineering is proud to work with.
- Active Materials and Smart Living (AMSL) Laboratory
- Center for Materials and Structures (CMS)
- Center for Mechanical and Environmental Systems Technology (CMEST)
- The Center for Energy Research
- Functional Advanced Materials for Energy Technologies Labs (FAME-Tech Labs)
- The Nevada Center for Advanced Computational Methods (NCACM)
Research, Internship, and Employment Opportunities
Visit the Career Services website for job postings and helpful.