The Social Science Methods Certificate Program was created in the fall of 2016 to provide graduate students additional opportunities for methodological training beyond what is offered within their home department. The interdisciplinary methods certificate will:
- Help students develop and execute high-quality research projects.
- Signal to potential employers a mastery of a diverse set of methodological techniques.
This program is based on the premise that the various social science disciplines share many common themes and often use similar methodological approaches. The certificate program also aims to benefit faculty by developing bridges across departments, which can foster collaboration in both graduate training and faculty research. Also, note that this certificate program is not limited to students and faculty in the College of Liberal Arts.
There are a few ways that faculty can help the program succeed:
- Encourage students who you think would benefit from this program to apply.
- Contact us if you would like to be affiliated with the program and have your courses advertised to students in the program.
- Let us know if you are interested in future brown bag-type presentations or are interested in sharing your research with other UNLV social scientists.