Know your learning style and determine whether the online learning environment is compatible with how you learn best. If it is not, look for ways to support your learning style albeit in ways that are not exclusive to the on-line environment.1 You may want to:
- Utilize UNLV student resources such as the Writing Center or Academic Success Center.
- Visit the University Libraries and use their Library Services for Online Education Students.
- Join a study group online or meet in person. Having other people to study with can help you gain new perspective on the material, reduce procrastination, and enjoy the class more.
- Look for real-world examples. The more relevant the subject is to your actual experience, the better you will understand and retain it.
- Practice what you learn as soon and as often as possible.
- Talk about what you are learning with others. One of the most effective strategies for learning is to explain what you have learned to someone else. Discuss concepts to reinforce your understanding.
Kubacki, R., Lyon, A., McAndrews, D., Valent, J. & Wallace, S. (n.d.). Tips to give your students to succeed in online learning. Retrieved from Duquesne University