1. You must complete the transfer student admission process (including paying the $60 admission fee and submitting official transcripts from every college or university you have attended and provide evidence of appropriate immunization. If you have less than 24 college credits at the time you apply, you will also need to provide high school transcripts).
  2. You can register as soon as you are admitted according to your class standing
  3. You must be admitted to receive financial aid through UNLV
  4. You may enroll in up to 18 credits per term (17 for those with freshman standing)

Our admissions office will not start processing your admission until your application is complete, your admission fee is paid, and all of your official transcripts have arrived. The sooner you get your information to UNLV, the sooner you will be able to register.

Application for Admission

Additional Information

Nevada Administrative Code (NAC) Chapter 441A.755 requires that all students, regardless of age, must provide documentation of having received the Tetanus-Diphtheria (Td) immunization within the last 10 years. In addition, students born in or after 1957 must provide proof of immunity for the following:

  • Two doses of live measles (Rubeola)
  • One mumps
  • One rubella

All immunization documents should be mailed or faxed to the UNLV Office of Admissions, phone 702-774-UNLV, fax 702-774-8008 in order to register for courses. The following are acceptable proof of immunization:

  • Childhood immunization card signed by a physician or nurse including the facility name and address
  • High school or college records
  • Military, state or county records
  • Lab report that indicates immunity (Titer test for MMR)

If you want to apply for financial aid through UNLV, please visit the Financial Aid and Scholarships website. If you have already completed a FAFSA, you may simply add UNLV's school code to your FAFSA. Our school code is 002569.

If you want to live on campus, please visit the Campus Housing website and follow the instructions. You should apply for housing immediately. Housing is available on a first-come, first-served basis and is NOT guaranteed.

All NSE students must provide copies of your transcripts to the UNLV International Programs office. Many students have difficulty enrolling in many UNLV courses due to prerequisite issues. Without your transcripts, we cannot help you. Please provide copies of your transcripts to our office as soon as possible (unofficial, photocopies, faxed copies are fine for our office use). Enrollment in specific courses at UNLV is not guaranteed. If you need very specific courses, we recommend that you enroll at your home school as a "backup" until your registration is confirmed at UNLV. In the past students have said that it is particularly difficult to enroll in upper division business, criminal justice and psychology courses. Most students with some academic and personal flexibility are able to successfully enroll in courses at UNLV.

There is a $50 NSE fee at UNLV. It will be added to your UNLV bill.

Students on Plan A (paying UNLV tuition) will be paying UNLV in-state tuition and the regular fees that UNLV students pay (health fee, technology fee, etc...). Students on Plan B (paying your home school tuition) will be paying UNLV fees (health fee, technology fee, etc) but no tuition. When you are admitted, you will get a letter of acceptance saying that you are an out-of-state student (or WUE or whatever residency you have). Your residency does not affect the amount of your tuition. After you register, we put a fee waiver on your account. When you first register, you will see out-of-state tuition but it will be corrected. All NSE students must pay their tuition and/or fees to UNLV by the deadlines stated in the class schedule. Failure to do so may result in late fees and/or being withdrawn from your courses.

If you have a documented disability and will require accommodation, please contact our Disability Resource Center or 702-895-0866 or TDD 702-895-0652.

The NSE office must be able to contact you both before and during your exchange. It is your responsibility to keep the program administration informed of your most current address, telephone number and email address during your participation in NSE. Failure to inform the program administration of any change of address, telephone number and/or personal contact information, may result in your exclusion and/or removal from further participation in any current and/or future program. Please inform our office of your new address each time there is a change. If we are unable to contact you, we will be unable to assist you with your exchange to UNLV. All information from other UNLV offices will be sent to the address you have on file with the Registrar's Office. To verify or change the address on file with the Student Enrollment Services Office, you may do so by logging into the on-line student registration system.

All NSE students must check in with the UNLV International Programs Office, Carol Harter Classroom Building Complex (CHB), Building B, Room 325 upon arrival. All NSE students are required to provide the UNLV International Programs Office with a local address and phone number upon arrival. Students who fail to check in with the UNLV Office of International Programs will be withdrawn from the NSE program and out-of-state tuition charges will be applied to your account.

An NSE orientation will be held the first week of the semester. When you are admitted, you will be instructed to also attend the regular UNLV new student orientation. You are not required to attend the regular orientation, but you may find it useful.

If you have any questions, please contact our office. We are open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Pacific time.

To Be Done NOW:

  • Apply for admission
  • Apply for financial aid (if needed)
  • Apply for campus housing (if needed)
  • Send official transcripts to UNLV Office of Admissions
  • Contact UNLV's Disability Resource Center (if needed)
  • Check with us to make sure we have your correct email address. Much of our correspondence will be via email.
  • Send immunization records

To Be After You Are Admitted:

  • Register for Classes
  • Pay your tuition and/or fees

To Be Done When You Arrive At UNLV:

  • Check in with campus housing (if living on campus)
  • Check in with our office
  • Update your address with our office
  • Attend the NSE orientation
  • Attend classes

You must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 and a minimum enrollment of 12 credits to remain eligible for the NSE program at UNLV.